Really Sciency

Visit my other blog 'Really Sciency' looking at Climate Science and its portrayal, misrepresentation and denial in the media.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Doomsday Again!

The end of the world is happening again this Friday. The New Rapture is nearly upon us. 


Remember almost 5 months ago? The end of the world was the 21st May according to Harold Camping. Unfortunately the old chap didn't quite get his sums right - he wasn't exactly wrong of course because the 21st of May was just the beginning. It was the date that applications for salvation closed and the offices of God apparently shut. I presume to give him plenty of time to complete all the paper work that the end of time and space must involve. So if you have been a goodie two shoes in the last 5 months  - its too late! If you were born in the last 5 months then blame your parents, they were told.

Of course there is a very serious side to all this.
I had forgotten all about this and I invited some friends round on Saturday and now it appears that I have spent good money on alcohol that will never get drunk. If that isn't a serious issue - well I can't think of a better one.

If by a slim chance nothing actually happens on Friday, well we always have the one in 2012 to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Since weve only got a few days left you'll forgive me if I take the subject onto Roger Helmer again. Its just that it seems he's on the verge of this Atlantic Bridge/Werrity/Foxgate thing. His former advisor Catherine Bray being the link. But I suppose we will never find out more. Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete