Really Sciency

Visit my other blog 'Really Sciency' looking at Climate Science and its portrayal, misrepresentation and denial in the media.

Sunday 5 December 2010

Where will you go when you die? Heaven or Hell?


I used to be a very devout Christian, but as I gained more knowledge about the world I started to question my faith and the more questions I ask the less satisfactory answers I got. I gradually turned against organised religion and became agnostic but still really believing there must be 'something'. About 5 years ago I released I was a true atheist and it came as a revelation, if you excuse the pun. I feel much happier in myself having got rid of all my doubts, almost like becoming a Christian in the first place. But it was also a little scary knowing there is no afterlife.

That was a bitter pill for me to swallow, but I consoled myself with the fact that there was no hell either, so I couldn't end up there!



My father used to always say he didn't care if he went to heaven or hell. He had friends in both places! If such places do exist, and I can’t prove they don’t, then so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment